Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

New User Port

I should have done this a long time ago, but it's starting now. I have finally joined Polycount. And hopefully time will allow me to stay as on top of this as I have planned.

Since I am new around here I figured I would use this thread to start off by putting up some of my current portfolio. I have mostly been doing a lot of prop models and in general enjoy doing anything related to creating environments. I'd like to call myself an Environment Modeler, but exempting the obvious lack of a fully realized environment on hand, I haven't really, minus a little freelance here and there, done enough work in the industry to really classify myself as much of anything right now. But we will see how things go.

Anywho... I guess, here we go...

Oh, and as always C&C is always a welcome bonus for me...

Edit: I guess I will add this link to my current Portfolio Website as well...

Prop4_Unreal02.jpg

Prop4_ZBFinal02.jpg

Prop4_Cast02.jpg

Prop4_wires01.jpg

Prop4_Textures01.jpg

LPPhoneBooth.jpg

PhoneBoothLPModelSheet.jpg

PhoneBoothMaps.jpg

Prop2_Unreal01.jpg

Prop2_ZBFinal01.jpg

Prop2_Textures.jpg

Prop3_ZBFinal01.jpg

Replies

• The3rdVert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    A bit of a Continuation... I know I should trim things down but I guess I will save editing myself for a late time.

mossLow.jpg

mossLowWire.jpg

mossLowMap.jpg

LPBench.jpg

BenchMaps.jpg

prop5_Unreal02.jpg

prop5_ZBFinal.jpg

prop5_LowPoly.jpg

prop5_Textures.jpg

Prop1_unreal04.jpg

PorpAHighPoly01.jpg

SOGSheet.jpg

LPTLight02.jpg

LPTLight01.jpg

TLightMaps.jpg
  • DennisGlowacki
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DennisGlowacki polycounter lvl 7
    Lots of good stuff! But the shotgun texture needs love. :) Welcome to polycount
  • Paunescu.Daniel
    Your models are great but you need a new website :D
    Keep going!
  • s33th
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The roof shingles on your first piece have lighting errors - either harden the normals along that edge or add some more geometry. You could also pull out some of the geometry from the curvy support beams under the roof.

The bench has strange poly distribution. There are a lot of loops going around the support cylinder, but then not in areas where you need that geometry - like where the pipe curves at the top before going behind the planks and it starts looking jagged.

The skull has very visible seams.

Overall pushing your material definition could really help. Like on the skull staff you have wood, bone, feathers, and leather but the spec that is there doesn't seem to change across those 4 different materials. The same basic comment applies to the gun above it - there's a metal part and then an organic worm part but they both sort of read as the same material.