Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Matt Leblanc

Hope you guys like :) :thumbup:

youtube: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yzjQVKOgjc"]3D Character Matt LeBlanc - YouTube[/ame]

Matt_00.jpg

Matt_01.jpg

Matt_02.jpg

Replies

• Chimp
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Chimp interpolator
    can we see a wireframe? modelling looks okay but there is some obvious texture stretching like under the neck. Is this supposed to be matt leblanc from friends? It doesn't show a likeness at all, but if it's an original character then disregard this comment.

Keep it up, show us those wires!
  • roosterMAP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    roosterMAP polycounter lvl 12
    The texture needs a lot of work. Thats that on his chest? Its hard to identify things on his jacket. plus, i cant tell what that stuff on his neck is.
  • Neox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Neox godlike master sticky
    Also, is the name on purpose? Because Joey definitely looks different :O
  • Olli.
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Olli. polycounter lvl 8
    looks nothing like the man..

that is assuming youre going for THE Matt LeBlanc
  • yodude87
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    yodude87 polycounter lvl 5
    Neox wrote: »
    Also, is the name on purpose? Because Joey definitely looks different :O

indeed, thats what i was gonna say... if you were going for likeness, make some changes, cos it aint quite there yet :)
  • odium
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    odium polycounter lvl 18
    Looks like his Lost In Space garb to me.

I think while it doesn't look like him, it looks great as an actual model. The neck platings main issue is that it looks more like a UV problem and less like an actual, well, metal plate effect.
  • yodude87
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    yodude87 polycounter lvl 5
    yea, only thing that pops at a first look is the hair i think... could have some more work. then if you wanna be nit-picky, you could have some more texture love, and get rid of some of that texture stretching you have in some parts. aside from this, its a good model :D
  • Ace-Angel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ace-Angel polycounter lvl 12
    Definitely from LIS, but a few things to note.

He doesn't look like Joey at all, even his 'current' old self doesn't look this.

His angry face is too angry, Mr. J tends to have a very 'paled' look when he gets angry, with his thick eyebrow, meaning he still looks jolly when angry.

He tends to have more meat on his face, his actually pretty lean chubby if that makes sense, as in his not fat, but he doesn't have any swollen or recessed areas in his face.

Also, his overall shape both face and body wise is pretty bulky/square.

Way too much texture stretching around the neck, and the extra 'wear and tear' on his eyes, scrubby beard, etc don't do him any favors.

His hair is too long and gel-like, he tends to have more of short, crew cut, non-geled hair in many respects.

The armor piece needs to really have mass on them, it looks really cheap and tacked on with just a simple texture.

Also, looking back, I cannot find that Jacket anywhere on the internet? Are you sure that's what he wore? I mean it would be a nice Easter egg if it a a jacket form Friends and you put on him a shout out, but so far, it looks like a generic stock Texan-Tycoon jacket.
  • Vio
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vio polycounter lvl 6
    I like the leather material but to me it looks like his jacket has been made airtight and then inflated somewhat. I think it needs more to show that a real human arm is under there, probably just needs more shape, maybe wider cuffs ect.
  • fearian
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    fearian greentooth
    Most confusing thread title. It's like posting a vehicle and announcing, I want all the crits to be about anatomy!

Nice model, the textures need some more love I think though. the hair and jacket are way to dark, and the face is a little to plain. some colour variation and noise woul dhelp alot.