Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

British Cromwell Mk. 4 Tank

Mebrial
null
Offline / Send Message
Mebrial null
Hello, I'm looking for professional and informative feedback for my model here. I'm relatively new to modelling and am open to any suggestions or feedback for this. I require the feedback about it for a written report due Friday (I'm aware I've left this a bit late).
I'll answer any questions about my modelling steps or upload more screenshots if necessary.
Thank you for taking the time to read and view this :-)

FinishedTank1.png

FinishedTank2.png

FinishedTank2a.png

Replies

• theSixtyEight
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    theSixtyEight polycounter lvl 7
    looks pretty detailed but you should go for bigger shapes first, your tank looks ultra stretched, try to use som blueprint like this one: Blueprint or Blueprint2
    and also find as most references as possible (including small details up to all the tank parts)
  • Paul Pepera
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Paul Pepera polycounter lvl 9
    Yea it looks like the schematics you are using are incorrect, or you implemented them into the modeling package incorrectly, leading to a whole bunch of proportional accuracy mistakes. Double check to make sure your reference material is accurate before you continue.
  • Mebrial
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mebrial null
    Thank you for such quick comments, I had some trouble with finding details on the tank before I'd started, unfortunately :( I couldn't find much on the internet and after a while my searches just ended up wasting time. The blueprints I got were of bad quality, and stretched, not really sure why I didn't pick up on that before starting the model.
    I'm not particularly great with tanks, but it was the assignment I was given, and I think my research was the weakest point.
  • theSixtyEight
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    theSixtyEight polycounter lvl 7
    Mebrial wrote: »
    Thank you for such quick comments, I had some trouble with finding details on the tank before I'd started, unfortunately :( I couldn't find much on the internet and after a while my searches just ended up wasting time. The blueprints I got were of bad quality, and stretched, not really sure why I didn't pick up on that before starting the model.
    I'm not particularly great with tanks, but it was the assignment I was given, and I think my research was the weakest point.
    sometimes, image search takes hours....but definitelly worth of it
    Making a nice and detailed tank is great portfolio piece, but you will have to learn how to model with hard surface technique within using edgeloops, subsurf (in max afaik its turbosmoothh) and making all the edges nice and smooth and no sharp as you have (check out Paul Pepera portfolio (the guy after mine post here), he has some amazing tanks!)
    If I could suggest you something, it would be this...and study some basics of hard surface modeling also