Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

The Bunker

bunker.png

It's a bit heavy on the tri/vert count but I think it looks OK.

I used Blenders Array and Wave Modifiers to arrange the sandbags.

Then had to manually remove all the hidden faces I could and still it has very high poly count.

Replies

• AZelenski94
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    to get rid of the a lot of polys, and still give it a good feel - maybe make the center bags (if you get what im saying) one/two rectangle(s) and texture it with the sandbag look. :) ummm and the stairs entering the bunker are a little too perfect, if the ground is dirt anyway. Id try to make it look like someone dug it out. :)
  • Arowx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I could try and link up the meshes better, maybe I should have used a boolean operation to combine them first, would that remove internal verts?

The steps would be wood and the sides of the bunker also or corrugated sheeting.
  • AZelenski94
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Arowx wrote: »
    I could try and link up the meshes better, maybe I should have used a boolean operation to combine them first, would that remove internal verts?

The steps would be wood and the sides of the bunker also or corrugated sheeting.

define where the bunker is at. like add surroundings, made the steps look like wood and the sides look like metal sheeting. It would really bring home the render :) - maybe do some texturing. Im not too familiar with the boolean operations and all that, im just getting started with modeling myself :)
  • 3dcaspar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    3dcaspar polycounter lvl 10
    I wouldn't use boolean operations... too less control about whats happening ^^ in my opinion.

Get some variation inside,... atm everythin looks very perfect, way too perfect, even if the sandbags would have been laid there a second ago.
    Turn some of the bags in other directions etc.
    I personally would do about 2 different sandbags (single) and some bigger boxes with the normal map of many sandbags. Saves a lot of polys and the effect should be the same.
  • Arowx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the great feeback and advice.