Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

WIP male body

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
jjsuperspy polycounter lvl 8
This is a character body that i have started, started it last night and took from base modelled mesh to the sculpting then till finishing for the night about 4, 5 hours maybe.

i have only started the upper body and arms starting to do the hands and then so on :).

hope you guys like it if there is anything that doesn't look right with the anatomy of the body please critique it.

-thanks

Replies

• Donavonyoung
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Donavonyoung polycounter lvl 6
    There is a pretty decent base model I have been making with anatomy sculpted in. I'll post some screens here for you tonight, I can also make the ztool available for you if you'd like as well.
  • jjsuperspy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ye that would be cool man and im using blenders sculpting so ill hqve to try and fnd ou how to put the ztool ino blender but ye :)
  • daphz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    daphz polycounter lvl 13
    I think his hand could be a bit bigger, or at least the fingers could be longer. I'd widen the mid section a bit too to match his wide shoulders.
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    self analysis will help you see what's going wrong. as much as using other peoples base meshes is a good time saver, you might not learn as much from it as you'd think.

here's a very very fast paintover gif to show what i mean about self analysis.

jjsuperspy_paintover.gif

click my sig if you want a more detailed explaination of the process.
  • jjsuperspy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thanks guys

-daphz i havent started on the fingures and when i do ill make them bigger there like that just for a base really :)

-almighty_gir thanks for the overlay i can see now that the arm shoulder muscle needs to be pulled back and that around the shoulder neck part needs to be pulled back a bit :)