Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Mixamo contest- Void Pirate- Origin

Hello everybody, was hoping I could get some input on my contest entry.:poly142:

I am probably going to add in some sort of utility belt eventually, and perhaps something on the arms. Also this is diffuse and normal only for the moment. :\

MC_VP_Texture_WIP5.jpg

Replies

• OriginLinear
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Made some changes to the textures, working on specular, and slight changes to the model.

Anybody care to share some thoughts?

Screen grab using Xoliul shader:
    MC_VP_Texture_WIP11.jpg
  • Ace-Angel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ace-Angel polycounter lvl 12
    UV's, Wires and Maps? It looks OK, but without knowing what requirements you're aiming for, things can either be improved or be cut out.

For example, the textures looks really low rez, I don't see any specular/normal map details, and her legs look simple when compared to the rest of the model. Hair is also very chunky, as in it must weigh a ton.

On the other hand, the colors are well done, the design is strong, and the diffuse is solid (although it has too many highlights in it).

So yeah, more info plox!
  • BARDLER
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BARDLER polycounter lvl 12
    I think it would be cool if the skirt was slightly opaque and she was wearing shorts underneath. Also a belt and some forearm guards that are the same armor material would make the model more coherent. I would rework the shoulder pads though, they are really bulky compared to everything else, and I don't see how they are even attached to her. Either slim them up and make them more elegant or model something down the back and/or front to make them look like they are attached to her. Last possible suggestion/idea is an eye patch, but a bad ass metal one that glows like in MGS4. I think it would fit the theme really well.

As ace said, more info would help as well.
  • OriginLinear
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The objective is to create a space pirate girl, she is supposed to have at least one artificial limb, texture res at 2k, and poly limit is 40k but I kept it much under that in an attempt to keep it more game friendly.

Here are the flats:

MC_VoidPirate_01.jpg

MC_VoidPirate_NM_01.jpg

MC_VoidPirate_Spec_01.jpg

And the Wires:

MC_VP_Wires.jpg

And this is the hair style I was sort of going for.

http://www.cawaiistyle.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/Hair-Color-Ideas-For-20111.jpg

I appreciate the input. I am not normally a character artist, which might be pretty obvious, but I am trying to learn. :D

@AceAngel I am probably going to cut out the lower part of her right leg, from the UV's, pack the under part of the pauldrons in a small corner, and then replace those areas with some extra bits I plan to model in.

@Bardler I am probably going to add in some sort of belt, and maybe some arm pieces as well. Maybe I will try to fashion up something that connects to the pauldrons. I also thought of an eye patch, but I am not sure yet, maybe I will try to come up with something. I am not very good at concepting. :D