Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

New Demo Reel 2012

Here is an updated version. I tried to incorporate your crits and also made it shorter.

http://vimeo.com/41166902
[vv] 41166902 [/vv]

Replies

• Computron
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Computron polycounter lvl 7
    to imbed, use the video number with the vv tag like this:

et6fC.png
  • Alberto Rdrgz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alberto Rdrgz polycounter lvl 9
    what are you trying to be?

character artist? or Prop Artist?

Your vehicles weren't half bad man, i would pursue that and the whole demo reel thing is old (for prop/env artist) i would say... I would just grab a site and post all your work. But specify what you want to do and focus so you don't waste your time.
  • BarnabyJones
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The lighting in your first scene needs to be improved I can barely make out the female model also in your wire frame when you zoom in on the car there is some weird black artifacting. For your second scene I would cut the crazy lighting you have a nice model light it nicely also the camera jerks around a lot and her foot is clipping through the floor. For the final one I would do what you have been doing before and doing a pass with the diffuse spec and whatever on then going back and doing the wireframes side by side. The material on the last one should be changed and I would get rid of the female model. Your last one is definitely the most solid except some weird shadows on the base of the turn table and some weird stuff happening when the door closes on your wireframe. Over all your modeling is solid but I think your presentation needs work. Your cameras are unnecessarily jumpy and your lighting needs work. Also I would maybe revisit some of those materials. I would stick to basic turntables you got a lot of good peices you just need to work on presenting them nicely. I hope this helps
  • GrowlerProductions
    Thank you for the comments. Will definitely create a website as that seems to be the smart way to advertise. And thank you for your detailed response Barnaby Jones. You really have a keen eye and, yes, your comments did help. I will work on all the aspects of this reel and post again in the future.
  • GrowlerProductions
    In case you didn't see the edited comment at the top...

Here is an updated version. I tried to incorporate your crits and also made it shorter.

http://vimeo.com/41166902
    [vv] 41166902 [/vv]