Home Unreal Engine

Distort Particle SubUV... UV?

Is there a way to distort the UVs in a particle subuv node like you can in a texture node?

In a texture node you just plugin a "Bump Offset" into the "UVs" port of your texture, but it doesn't have any effect on the particle subuv node when I do this.

Thanks for any help!

Replies

• ImSlightlyBored
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ImSlightlyBored polycounter lvl 13
    bizzarely, despite the documentation suggesting otherwise, you can just use a normal texture sampler node with your subUV image and it should work (animate) fine in cascade. so you can then do your normal UV animation techniques too.
  • Imatk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    No that's not working, it's causing my sprites to pop when I use a regular texture node.
  • imbueFX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    imbueFX polycounter lvl 5
    Hrmmm this is an interesting one. To this day I've never tried using bump offset with a particle subUV expression.

I just tried it on March 2012, I see the same thing as you. My guess (and this is total speculation) is that it's not supported because it'd be too costly / look bad when interpolating between the subUVs. You could just use the regular texture sample, but then you'd lose the ability to use linear_blend in Cascade.

I'm interested to hear if anyone else has experience with this . . .
  • Imatk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah that's what I'm running into on that.