Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

3D modular isometric -WIP-

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
allaze-eroler polycounter lvl 11
hello folks, it's been a while i haven't posted here !

edit: i did reallise one thing that i totally forgot : what is my goal ?
well, the goal i'm trying to reach is to create a scene that make believe you it was a real screenshot of one game but it was not. in fact, it will be done in UDK and will be used for my portfolio as well as a demoreel for everyone to study how i did (with the help of everyone from forums of course). sorry for not mentionning it, i was pretty tired when i posted here ^^;

i have been quite busy lately with various game/3D projects XD well, there what i'm working on right now :

i'm working a kind of isometric stuff in old school style like breath of fire 3 or final fantasy tactics, right now i finished the unwrap of my modular model which you can see there :

level_isometric.png

i use the metters units setup because i can't find the pixel units setup :/ well, you're welcome to download my model for to see how they work and of course, once i get feedback and finish the modular model, i will share it on SDK thread :)

next time, i will try to create some texture in pixel art for the modulat model.

oh i almost forgot it : there my model you can download and check how i did : http://dl.dropbox.com/u/14183130/level_isometric.obj

any feedback are welcome ! :)

Replies

• allaze-eroler
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    new version, i decided to remove these clones because i realised that they will be rotated in the game engine. so...

i also started to work on the first modular texture that you can see there :

modular_v1.png

the realtime in orthographic view :

level_isometric_v2.png

there the file that you can mess around and of course, any feedback is welcome :

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/14183130/level_isometric_v2.rar
  • snake85027
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    snake85027 polycounter lvl 18
    just wondering where the focus is at? You say that you have inspirations from final fantasy? What kind of scene are you trying to create? Maybe if you can explain what you want to do, we can better help you. Right now I just dont know what exactly you want to do. More info please.
  • allaze-eroler
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    snake85027 wrote: »
    just wondering where the focus is at? You say that you have inspirations from final fantasy? What kind of scene are you trying to create? Maybe if you can explain what you want to do, we can better help you. Right now I just dont know what exactly you want to do. More info please.

you were right, i totally skipped that important part... i edited the first post for to explain what is my goal hope it's enough for it ^^;
  • allaze-eroler
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hello folk, it's been a little while i haven't posted here, let me show you some new progress i did and i think it's getting better :
    i did restarted the first module which it's a wall with a bit of green because of vegetations.
    modular_1_v2.png
    first version of tile ground, i don't know if i do it well but i was based on some ancient tile done during medieval time.
    modular_2_v1.png
    there how the module would look like now :
    level_isometric_v3.png
    there an example of what is my goal once it's ingame, for the moment, it's a mockup done with photoshop, it will have too many errors by the way ^^; well, there how it look without all the FX :
    level_isometric_castle_ruin.png
    and with FX :
    level_isometric_castle_ruin_FX.png
    there the file that you can mess around and of course, any feedback is welcome :
    https://dl.dropbox.com/u/14183130/low_poly_pixel_art.rar