Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

The Mercury Cruiser

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
GabeLamas polycounter lvl 8
Hello all! Another concept vehicle that I had in mind for a while is the Mercury Cruiser, which is a light speeder vehicle used for quick transit. Sometime in the future I plan on texturing, animate, and composite this vehicle, but for now please C&C and enjoy!

Concept and Modeling of the Mercury Cruiser

Mercury_Cruiser_Stat_Sheet.png

Replies

• GabeLamas
    Offline / Send Message
    So I finally have am update regarding this concept vehicle. After going back to some video tutorials that I could find I made particle effects, or smoke if you'd rather. I've also animated it to give it some more life. Again, this is a test render, so please give me your comments.

Mercury Cruiser - Test Video for Animation, Particle Effects, Lighting, and Texturing

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-S8Qba6QnY&feature=plcp"]Mercury Cruiser - Turntable Composition Test - YouTube[/ame]
  • GabeLamas
    Offline / Send Message
    Finally updated this models' textures and lighting. Take a look-see.

Renders with lightbox, Phong shader, and Particle FX.

Mercury_Cruiser_Render_06_Full_Render_01.png

Mercury_Cruiser_Render_07_Full_Render_02.png

TextureMaps (Color, Normal, Specularity, Occlusion, Cavity)

The sizes are going to be smaller in the final version. I'm just keeping them all 2048x2048 for rendering purposes.

Mercury_Cruiser_TextureMap_Sheet_for_MCV02.png
  • GabeLamas
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey all. After dealing with this vehicle and my Futuristic Shuttlecar, I've decided to make a video turntable composition to add the finishing
    touches to this model. As stated in the video description, the turnatble includes textures, particle effects, and animation (for what
    I could do for a vehicle in a passive animation). I'm liking where the model is at, but I would like some feedback nonetheless. Feel free to Comment and Critique.

Mercury Cruiser - Turntable Composition

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3TgIA6pbHw"]Mercury Cruiser - Video Composition HD - YouTube[/ame]