Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

WIP: Game Character - Zeke

Hey guys, i'm new here and just wanted to start up a thread and document my process for making a game character, i'm in my 2nd year of study, and making this character for an assignment, and i would love feedback from my work, so i can achieve the best job i can.

Week 1: Concept Art & Planning
Week 2-3: Modelling
Week 4: UnWrapping & Texturing
Week 5: Rigging & Animation
Week 6: Polishing & Making it Game Ready

Character Profile:
Name: Zeke
Affiliation: Anti-Hero
Height: 5'9" (180cm) tall
Weight: 80kg
Attitude: Comic Relief/Outsider
Background:
- Orphan
- Spent most of his life stealing & pulling pranks on rich people
- Sticks his nose where it shouldn't be
- If he sees someone in trouble, will always try and help any way he can
- Was caught in the middle of a civil war, not wanting to take sides, he just stole advanced weapons from both sides and ran.
- Is now a gun for hire
- Is renowned for finishing jobs quick but recklessly
- Loose Cannon.

MoodBoard - i just got a bunch of images that had elements that i wanted to incorporate into zeke.
9HQKL.jpg

Replies

• Arkaleus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Silhouette:
    i just picked out what i liked from different images,definitely gonna keep the body shape of superboy since its what im going for.
    91oyc.jpg
  • Arkaleus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Concept:
    this is not a finished concept but, its what i'm gonna go for 100%, gonna be stylised, very comic book, big hands and feet, hand painted textures, ill be uploading concepts for his blades, goggles, tron tattoos, and hoverboard attachments later on.
    21z0S.jpg
  • ClamJam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    maybe make his chest come out a little bit more, looks a bit flat chested.

also in this picture in the bottom left, his hari looks way cool and flowing, almost super saiyan, but final concept looks a bit more like a buzz cut, maybe grow his hair out a bit. :)

looks cool dude
    91oyc.jpg
  • Arkaleus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    yeah, i was kinda bummed that the hair didnt turn out like i wanted but ill give it another shot and re-do it since thats the hair i actually want
  • Arkaleus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    i updated the concept after afew feedbacks, im really happy how he turned out, feels like he really belongs in the setting that i created for him. feedback is always welcome.
    tN3ja.jpg
    NOW on to modelling =D
  • DrunkShaman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DrunkShaman polycounter lvl 14
    Too many Abs.

The rib muscles are not just on the side of the breast they go from under to the side.

Since you are making a character in teens you might want to reconsider the muscular figure and look for something more between a child and adult muscles for the concept arts. =\

Like, its not as muscular as you made it out to be. Which means biceps should be nerfed, Neck is too buffed, and thick.