Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[UDK] Sunset Cabin

greentooth
Offline / Send Message
Kazperstan greentooth
hey guys, im looking for some feedback on this cabin project, so far been working on it for 2 and a bit weeks and would really like to push it some more.
the landscape is loosely based of my many trips to welsh mountain sides and seeing all the left over cabins and houses from the mining days.

here's a video, excuse the random camera stop at the end.

http://youtu.be/0hzle_xFOZI

and here's some screens:

thanks in advance :)

Replies

• makanops
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Would you mind posting your texture sheets as well? Esp. for the cabin itself. It'll make it easier to talk constructively.

My initial reaction is that the atmosphere is nice, but the texture work on the cabin itself is a little flat and uniform. There also seems to be some stretching going on the top beam - if that's an area you intend to highlight, I'd be especially careful.
  • Kazperstan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kazperstan greentooth
    hey, thanks for the reply, in regards to the flatness of the textures im having trouble getting the normals to play nice in UDK, they show up fine when testing in Marmo and maya, ive just been told it may be something to do with the TC compression so shall get it checked out. ive added the normals in the sheet below to see if its just my baking thats going wrong?
    5kwkw.jpg
    (edit - just re baking the roof now ;) )
  • Kazperstan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kazperstan greentooth
    updateryness
    3VSe3.jpg
    would like to get some more rocks in
  • Kazperstan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kazperstan greentooth
    bit of a delayed post, but uni work stole me.
    Here is the final!:
    QUBub.jpg