Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

League of Legends Fan Art - Maokai

Hey Polycounters,

I spend most of my time on Polycount lurking in the shadows, but decided to do a WIP thread of a new personal project I just started.

Its a piece based on a champ from League of Legends - Maokai.

For those not familiar with the the Chap, here is a bit of concept art - CLICKY!

..and here is my progress so far! Feedback is greatly welcomed :)

juwvP.jpg

I will keep this updated as best I can when I make progress on it.

Replies

• MiragentGames
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MiragentGames polycounter lvl 5
    nice to see one of my least favorite champs coming to life :P. I haaaaaaaaate laning against maokai solo top. But looks realy good thus far, could use a bit more detail, but I'll just stand back and see where it goes...
  • Fango
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hehe, He is a bit of a pain in game, but What an awesome character design! Surprised nobody jumped on a High detail sculpt sooner!

As for adding more detail, that will probably come after a retopology pass, and once I have the whole character fleshed out, so that I can make the detail work throughout the whole piece coherently.

I started on the Big arm today, but Its still a bit mulchy at the moment, so I'll post an update when I'm home from work tomorrow and have put a bit more time into it!
  • Fango
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    UPDATE:

j2vxA.jpg

Started the hand, bottom half is still blocking out, and the tops still a bit mulchy, only get about an hour or two of sculpting time a day, so progress isnt lightning fast on this. C&C welcomed! :)