Home Technical Talk

Cannot find "Convert to Main" in ZBrush

raging_river
polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
raging_river polycounter lvl 11
Like the topic suggest, im doing some zSphere work, but I cant seem to find that option under topology.

Cheers

Replies

• Donavonyoung
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Donavonyoung polycounter lvl 6
    What do you mean convert to main. Are you trying to make it a mesh you can sculpt on. that would be under Adaptive Skin, make adaptive skin. Please clarify if this is not the issue.
  • Merlynn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Merlynn polycounter lvl 8
    Hey,
    I've got the same problem.
    There is no "convert to main" button under topology...
    I was trying to follow this tutorial:

http://www.3dtotal.com/index_tutorial_detailed.php?id=1090&catDisplay=1&roPos=1&page=2#addcomment

But I just can't find the "convert to main" button to turn the zsketch into zspheres :(

I'm using Zbrush 4R.
    Has the button been removed? Is that a bug?
  • cryrid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cryrid interpolator
    It was probably made redundant through other improvements, and was removed. In the case of that tutorial, instead of drawing out a zsphere then editing its topology then converting it back to zspheres and editing those, it would probably be faster just to:

1) stick with zspheres only

or

2) draw out the topology for the strands (but draw them like normal polygons instead of just edges), and use the thickness slider when converting to an adaptive skin.

If you're using the newer zsketch mode, those can just be turned into unified skins for sculpting.