Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[UDK] Haunted mansion

Hey all,

I've started a new project. I found this image on conceptroot and found it to have such an awesome eerie feeling that I decided to recreate it in UDK. This is the image:

ImageOT_016.jpg

And this is my initial blockout:

Blockout.jpg

Not much to crit or comment on, but any and all are welcome!

Replies

• gsokol
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thats an awesome concept.

Block out so far looks good, proportions and scale look dead on.

Good luck!
  • Kratilim
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Update! Ive been working on the weather system and a few models. Only a basic directional light in at the moment. Colours of the textures aren't right yet either. In the concept almost everything is gray. :P Don't know if I want to hold the the concetp THAT much. :)

Weather-1.jpg
  • Kratilim
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    A quick update. I've been doing a lot of work on the weather system and materials. Created a few master materials so I can now start actual modelling the whole scene.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orlrDqzCXSU"]Haunted Mansion - Short HD wip - YouTube[/ame]
  • SirCalalot
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SirCalalot polycounter lvl 10
    Kratilim wrote: »
    In the concept almost everything is gray. :P Don't know if I want to hold the the concetp THAT much.
    Most of the interest and detail comes from the lighting in the concept though.
    While the environment colours are grey-blue/greens, the setting sun casts yellow/orange highlights on the objects - creating a nice rim-lighting effect from behind.

I can't currently see your YouTube link, but your scene is looking promising :)

*Subscribed*
  • Kratilim
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Long time no post, Allthough I haven't been sitting still obviously. It sin't going really fast though... Anyway, this scene has a lot of plants in it and I've been doing some practicing on getting a nice workflow going for plants etc. But here is the scene as it stands now. I'm first focussing on the section outside of the view of the concept painting to get the feeling right etc. Struggling with the lighting, so any pointers or tips would be awesome. Some of the things you see in the picture are placeholders, like the trees...

Wip_030612.jpg

also, I have a new led monitor, and it's a lot brighter than my previous monitor. If it's too dark let me know and I'll upload a lighter one.