Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

The Modern Paladin (WIP)

[Portfolio] – Genk56 Australia, 3d game art student.

Looking for some constructive feed back on the concept i've done so far. Now before you start, i'm still some what of a noob at photoshop but intending to try and get more practice in. And these are still in progress and no where near their final stage. The character is intended for 3d game use. Anyway please leave a helpful comment or suggestion.

The first attempt.
paladinoutline.jpg

I am trying to make a modern Paladin or rather what i imagine what one would be like if they were an active force in the world. The First one i tried to mix it up and try and get the priestly aspect of the paladin across, altho it didnt turn out as well as i had liked. The armor didnt go well with his figure among other things.

Second attempt (wip)
paladinupdate.jpg

This time i tried to go the more heavily armored paladin approach, wanting to give him layers of armor. I intend for at least once more layer of armor before giving him another layer iconic paladin symbols and items. The color scheme currently is using colors the Vatican church uses to symbolizes various meanings. So tried to incorporate that into it. As for his weapons i am thinking either a silly big gun, or a combat shield with shotgun. Anyway Thats all i have for now, stay tuned for more updates.

Replies