Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Dragonoid

Whoops, meant to put W.I.P at the end of the title...if its possible to change that...

Hey polycount forums, I'm new here so please forgive me if I put this into the wrong section.

Anyway, I am doing a project that will span for approximately 6 weeks and I have chosen to try and recreate my concept in 3D.

It is a creature known as a Dragonoid, or bipedal dragon.

I'd put myself at around moderate in terms of skill in 3D and sucky at 2D art lol, any feedback would be very helpful, thanks :)
Dragonoidconcept.jpg

Replies

• Flash Mp
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Here's this weeks modelling effort, any feedback would be appreciated :)

Dragon_week_2.jpg
  • 3dcaspar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    3dcaspar polycounter lvl 10
    Well, i'm not a character artist (i really have no clue about anatomy ^^) but the tail seems too short and thick to me.
    Also the upper body seems to big compared to the legs.
    Overall the upper sections looks way too human.
    The fingers are also way too human ^^
    Besides this the wings in the concept are really small.. looks a bit clumsy.
    In my opinion you shouldn't use the concept as it's really useless ^^
  • Flash Mp
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Heres what I've been able to do halfway through week 3, lost a lot of time figuring out some of the kinks in Zbrush, but at least I'll be more prepared come next project ^^.

WIP_week_3.jpg
  • Flash Mp
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Heres what I got so far for week 4, an almost complete retopology within 3D coat. Hopefully I'll be finished with it soon so I can move onto texturing and rigging.Dragonretopo_week_4.jpg
  • Flash Mp
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Week 5, got some rigging work done but still more to go, along with skinning and animating..This week and week 6 is gonna be crazy...WIP_week_5.jpg
  • Flash Mp
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Final week - Rigging done, although some of the joints aren't oriented correctly. Skinning done, I'm mostly OK with it but I would have worked on it a bit more if I wasn't pressured for time. Out of the 4 animations I need to do, (walk, death, defend, attack) I've only got a little bit of progress done on the first one, looks like I've got a bit of work to do before resubmission.