Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Leather and Rock n Roll (character+animation)

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
Fred2303 polycounter lvl 7
Sup Guys!

so heres my last project that i am doing with an animator/rigger that i got refered to by a friend.

My part of the project is the modeling of the Character+accessories and the guy is ELVIS

The final project will be a small scene [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byXbb9JQ3FE"]Elvis Presley # '68 Comeback Special # part 1 of 15 - YouTube[/ame] from 5:27 to 7:12

the high poly is almost finished. except for the face and a couple of small details here and there.

im really having trouble with the likeness so i posted a picture with refs and you see the stage im at. Help and pointers would be greatly apprecieted to help me achieve a good likeness .

C&C on all the other stuff is welcome too!

thanks!

guitarw.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

zgrab01.jpg

zgrab03.jpg

zgrab02.jpg

zgrab04.jpg

zgrab05.jpg

Replies

• Fred2303
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    im really having trouble with the likeness so i posted a picture with refs and you see the stage im at. Help and pointers would be greatly apprecieted to help me achieve a good likeness .

50129768.jpg

• Vailias
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vailias polycounter lvl 18
    First thing I see wrong wront/different is the overall face contour. Y The shide shots of elvis show he has a fairly flat/straight face, while your sculpt has a noticeable outward bow. Trace the line from forhead through the cheeks and down. In the refernece that is a nearly vertical line.
    Also I think you've gone a little TOO wide with the chin.

Likenesses are HARD :) But they're worth it. One thing I can suggest to you highly, is to pick an age for your reference and stick with it. You have a number of era's reflected in your ref, and while the bone structure doesn't change over time, how the skin hangs on that structure does. Its easy to wind up with 40 year old cheeks next to 20 year old eyes, and never quite get your sculpt looking "right" even if individual parts are spot on.
  • Fred2303
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the help Vailias ! all good points! ill update later today ! :D
  • Fred2303
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    so ive put everything together to see better and played with the face quite a bit...
    asked a few random friends who it was and i got the good answer :P but im still not convince enough to jumpp to the details of the face :D i want to know what you guys think about the likeness?

zgrab07.jpg
    By fred2303 at 2012-04-18
  • Fred2303
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fred2303 wrote: »
    i want to know what you guys think about the likeness?
    at 2012-04-18

and evrything :D
  • Fred2303
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    came back a little bit on this project and i finished the lowpoly+texture of the guitar.

let me know what yall think ! :D

guitarw.jpg