Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Retired Demon WIP

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
Liamodearme polycounter lvl 7
I'm working on a retired Demon next gen character. He will be modelled, textured and rigged. I started thinking about what he could look like. I wanted him to be ghostly like, with medieval armour covering him. This was my initial idea anyway.

DemonLowerLvl.png

After some thought and realisation that to create that character I would have to use a large amount of particles I decided to go with more of a humanoid form. This then led me to sketching out ideas relating to witches and shamans. I kept various aspects of the original character idea i.e. his face and hat but added more extravagant features such as feathers and a glowing glass jar full of whisps. I felt this would add a story line element to the character.

OldDemon.png

After some thought I then sketched out other ideas for how his cape could look, some new hat ideas and chest plate ideas. After this little exercise I then decided to change some aspects of him. I chose to exchange the leaf skirt for a metal belt, and also add some similar aspects to his fur collar. I also chose a new walking-cain, one that also glowed Aqua like the whisps and his feathers.

OldDemon.png

I have sketched out some ideas for how he would move, these four thumb nails give an idea of his character, and how he acts. I want him to be a kind of crazy old man, one you might see skipping thought a wood under moonlight...funny but oh very creepy.

Poses.png

I also sketched out some ideas for how his face would emote for a facial rig.

Emotions.png

Just finished sketching up his orthographic views. Next I will start to model him out. Any feedback would be most appreciated! I will be updating this thread frequently with new work so any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated :D

OrthographicDemon.png

Replies