Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Cyborg T rex

Hello there,
I have been working on a T rex model, the model itself is now completed (base, sculpt, retop, normal, texture maps, rigged, animated). The model is currently being scripted into the Unreal Engine as a NPC; the animations are fully imported into the engine but the controls are still a little off.
Anyways I'd appreciate any feedback on the model as I still have a little time left before the deadline to improve it.
I've attached some images of the model, plus for a more in-depth look at it go to michaelbaxter3d.com.
Cheers!
3trexassetbreakdown.jpg4basemesh.jpg9finishedsculpt.jpg11retopfinished.jpgrexwithnormals.jpg14texturemaps.jpg15texturesapplied.jpg

Replies

• Phaix
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    You've got the general shape, and the colours down pretty well but there's a lot more that can be tweeked.
    Here are my thoughts.

His arms kinda look like they end at the elbow(No bicep) , T'rex arms are short but they are still a full arm.
    He's a bit unbalanced, could be just the pose, but to me it seems a bit too top heavy.
    The metal plates look a bit plain. have a think about what's holding them on, and maybe add a little dirt to them.
    I think the idea of the tail got lost along the way, in the final pic it kinda looks flat with just a pattern, no real definition to it. the sculpt might need to be a bit deeper in that area to get the effect, and it doesn't look metal there either.
    His mouth is also a bit too bright and shiny, it's almost as shiny as the metal plates

All in all it's a good attempt, just keep at it

Good luck