polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
noom polycounter lvl 4
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Replies

• nick2730
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    you spelled environments wrong, dont break your portfolio down like that , just post your best works. I would recommend keep practicing and gets some full fledge works done. Alot of your work doesn't look finished
  • noom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    noom polycounter lvl 4
    Name changed. thx for the critique, i´m gonna have that in mind.
  • Darkmaster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Darkmaster polycounter lvl 11
    So in your about section you talk about how you want to be a game designer, but you only have one example of actual design work. You have characters, an environment, and paintings, which shows breadth, but my best advice to you is simply to specialize. I was fooled into the whole "game art/design" college thing, and went to skewl with lots of aspiring designers. They were forced to do a lot of art just to meet the competencies of the program, but it was never what they really wanted to do.

What I'm getting at here, is that if you want to be a designer, then focus on design work exclusively for your actual portfolio. Obviously I'm basing this conclusion on very little information and not knowing you really at all... But personally my advice is just to not waste your time with things that aren't related to what you want to do in this industry. For your design projects, don't get caught up in the art pipeline, because it really is time consuming if you want to really do it right. Get a artist friend, and get them help you out so you can focus on what designers actually do for games.

Sorry this is getting long-winded, I just feel the need to save you from getting caught up in things that you don't relate to getting a job as a designer! Hope this helps in some way, and good luck!!
  • noom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    noom polycounter lvl 4
    rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • njc6425