Home Unreal Engine

scaling Tiling textures

decorix
polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
decorix polycounter lvl 11
I've this problem were I need to scale texture (B) to the same scale as texture A.

All meshes are 256x256 with a texture of 1024x1024. For texture (A) I have set the texture coorinate node to tile 2x. This gives me right scaling size.
But I can't do this with texture (B), because it will tile twice when adding a scaler parameter set to 2.

Or Do I need to make the mesh (B) smaller 128x128.

Must be small thing...

tilingscale.jpg

Replies

• SirCalalot
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SirCalalot polycounter lvl 10
    Could you run that by me again?

Edit: By the looks of it, you'll needing to be making your (B) texture just the curb on it's own and add it as a smaller mesh at the edges of your road as an end-piece.
  • decorix
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SirCalalot wrote: »
    Could you run that by me again?

Edit: By the looks of it, you'll needing to be making your (B) texture just the curb on it's own and add it as a smaller mesh at the edges of your road as an end-piece.

Hi SirCalabot,

Well I can't add a smaller peace at the end. Both parts (A) is for tiling!! This means I can use it to make my road as large as I want. Then Part (B) is end peace that joins with part (A). Only because I got my scale/tiling on (A).. Part (B) doesn't join.. have the same scale any more.
  • SirCalalot
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm still not entirely sure why you don't have the edge strip as a completely separate mesh that you lay on top of the road:

kWuT0.jpg

Highlighted in red. :\
  • decorix
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm still not entirely sure why you don't have the edge strip as a completely separate mesh that you lay on top of the road:

kWuT0.jpg

Highlighted in red. :\

Hello SirCalalot,

Ive posted new image!! Perhaps you can see why that wont work. Secondly I don't stack it on top. Basicly (B) needs to be Tiled/scaled by 2.0 (UDK) to get the right scaling I want. But (A) I can't tile scale because then I'll get a everything dubbel including that edge peace in the middle. Perhaps I haven't constructed it very smart. I would like to hear from you or others how I could solve this. Thank you.

tilingscale2.jpg
  • LoTekK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    LoTekK polycounter lvl 17
    I've been reading and re-reading and looking at your diagrams, and I still don't understand what the underlying issue is. If the only difference between A and B is the existence of the side trim, then:

tiles.jpg
  • decorix
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    LoTekK wrote: »
    I've been reading and re-reading and looking at your diagrams, and I still don't understand what the underlying issue is. If the only difference between A and B is the existence of the side trim, then:

tiles.jpg

Hello LoTekK,

Thanks for replying.

Lets say I need want to tile (A) because the scaling is to large. Then B is not gonna match up. It will be biger in scale.

That's my problem right now. If I tile my (B) version then I will get two rim edge peaces. how would you fix that. Is that design fault that I need to make it as you showed me? Guess it makes sence only have the rim/edge peace without the extra brick tile work attach to it. Is that what you mean? thanks
  • SirCalalot
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It is what we mean, yes :)

The way that you currently have your textures set-up won't work easily for what you are trying to do.
  • decorix
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It is what we mean, yes :)

The way that you currently have your textures set-up won't work easily for what you are trying to do.

Thanks, I'll give it another try tomorrow. Guess I made it difficult on my self with the extra bricks attached to the edge peace. Will certainly let you know how it turns out. Thank you so much for helping out. Thanks.