Home Unreal Engine

How can I Move a physical object on the path? [kismet]

polycounter lvl 13
Offline / Send Message
omid3098 polycounter lvl 13
I can move an UTPawn on the path. but all my tries to replace the UTPawn with another physicall object like wall/box, failed.
the purpose is that I want to move objects on the path step by step to be able to work with my own vehicles. cars, flying objects, etc.
I also could not find a related tutorials on how to move(not with matinee) our own objects. most of tutorials show how to use UTGame/UTPawn/UT....
can you please suggest me how to setup correct kismet nodes for this need?(moving a physical box on a path)

P.S. I've posed this question in epicgames forum but did not get any answers. is this basically a wrong question?or hard question? or is time consuming to answer? or what?

Replies

• WarrenM
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Are you asking the object to path find? How are you moving it, exactly? If you're using the kismet "Go Here" action (or whatever it's called) I think you'll have to derive a class from a pawn since those are the ones that understand the nav mesh.

If you're just moving an interp actor, you'll have to use matinee. Those actors don't have any built in brains.
  • omid3098
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Are you asking the object to path find?
    Yes, I have a FPS character and want to move other objects(bots) physically on specific paths. and make them do something during that path. consider a tank walking on a path and trying to shoot a target. but I don't want to make vehicles(I've just started UDK) and want to move a simple model like a box.
    I think you'll have to derive a class from a pawn since those are the ones that understand the nav mesh.
    I did not understand this. do you mean I need to use navmesh instead of path finding and make my own pawn with code? (I'm not actually a good programmer)

I will look for "Go Here" action or similar action in kismet..
  • sprunghunt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sprunghunt polycounter
    omid3098 wrote: »
    I did not understand this. do you mean I need to use navmesh instead of path finding and make my own pawn with code? (I'm not actually a good programmer)

I will look for "Go Here" action or similar action in kismet..

AI classes are the only ones that will navigate by themselves. A simple box is not an AI.

If you want to move a box or any static mesh you need to use matinee as it was suggested.
  • omid3098
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    WarrenMarshall I could not find "Go Here" there is a move node which it says this nod can not use in kismet.

sprunghunt
    So for moving a box, do I need to make it like an AI bot?
    an AI bot without hands/legs/head.
  • sprunghunt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sprunghunt polycounter
    omid3098 wrote: »

sprunghunt
    So for moving a box, do I need to make it like an AI bot?
    an AI bot without hands/legs/head.

Yes it needs to be placed as an extension of the pawn class.
  • omid3098
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thanks, I will try that..
  • omid3098
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I did it now I can move a skeletal mesh (a simple box) on the specific path :)
    thank you very much guys.