Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Diablo 3 Monk

Replies

• Saman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Saman polycounter lvl 13
    A lot of good critique has already been given so I'm not gonna be saying what's already been said. Judging from some of the shapes, material definitions and more it looks like you haven't been looking at reference images enough. It's always good to look at photos of whatever it is you're doing like shoes, anatomy and hair beside the concept when creating art. I understand that some people may say that it's a matter of style but it always falls back on realism to some point, even if it's stylized.
    What I noticed the most were the shoes are somewhat misshaped, you could broaden them up at the front but it's better to just look at some photos of shoes and fix that. The hair material definition needs some work too(this is more tricky so you could just skip this if you want). The folds on the clothes are too thin, you need some thicker ones as well. I think that you could thicken up the clothes a bit too.

Other than that I think that you got the colors and shapes(for the most part) pretty much right. Nice work!
  • Tits
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tits mod
    Hey to all of you guys,
    Thank you for all the very nice and very usefull comment, I finally finish the piece today.
    Had a lot a lot of trouble with the specular map for some reason, could'nt make it work right in 3ds max (even when everything was super bright, 3ds max was showing only a very week specular when rendering :(). Anyway, so here I did two set of render, one from 3ds max and one from marmoset.
    I know everything will not be perfect with the material definition but I will put a lot of attention to that on my next character for sure, fail to learn. I decided I wanted to finish up this character for now. (still I fixed that thumb, it sure was pretty small!).
    Anyway, thanks a lot to all of you for following the post, looking forward to the next character, still had no idea what to do, if any of you have suggestion its always cool to consider!!
    Here ya go.
    oeB2O.jpg
    T8TIy.jpg
  • Saman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Saman polycounter lvl 13
    Make sure you use the alpha channel of the spec map to adjust the glossiness as well.
  • Tits
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tits mod
    Thank you for that Saman, didn't realise...:D
  • PaulP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PaulP polycounter lvl 9
    Well done on finishing this, it turned out real nice. Looking foward to your next character!
  • Tits
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tits mod
    Just the texture map and wireframe :)
    jR5Kt.jpg
    9ez9h.jpg
  • wizo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    wizo polycounter lvl 17
    Great tits! ..err I mean great work tits, :)

Gj on the finish, I enjoy the texturing a lot, it is a complex character and it is well realized and readable.

Gratz
  • njc6425
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wow, turned out amazingly :)
  • TheGoozah
  • Tits
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tits mod
    Thanks guy, the character will be rigged at some point, but since I can't do it myself (nnob) I'm waiting for a friend to do it for me so I can do new renders in pose. But she has a lot of work and she is still working on my older character, patience :).
    I'll post it here at some point!
  • Darkleopard
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Im honestly not a fan of the colours, but other then that, its wonderful. Very clean!
  • Tits
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tits mod
    Here, i've been trying for a few days to do a render with xoliul shader but unfortunatly I never manage to make the alpha work :(, the alpha part always go black instead of disapearing, if anyone know how to fix this issue please let me know. But fortunatly i've been finally able to obtain the real time screenshot i've been looking for with the 3pointshader for 3ds max.
    here ya go :D
    Gywzl.jpg
    And a little turnaround video!
    http://youtu.be/HMDAkIHi94o
  • SA_22
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    came out sick buddy!! good job!
  • JoshC
    Options
    Offline / Send Message