Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Tyranid Ripper Model

Replies

• motenai
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    motenai polycounter lvl 18
    I have a curiosity...those jaw muscles that creates holes on the side of its mouth...you planned them ahead in the base mesh or you did them directly in zbrush with some tecnique?
    Lovely model and texturing by the way :)
  • konstruct
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    konstruct polycounter lvl 18
    Fantasti!! Just needs better presentation. Maybe a compilation of some close ups. show this bad boy off!
  • Lucas Annunziata
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lucas Annunziata polycounter lvl 13
    I'd love to see a more exciting and dynamic pose, like he is mid-attack.
  • Torch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Torch interpolator
    Agreed with dar, its an amazing result but a pose and different background could really help push the look of the piece :)
  • nyx702
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    You guys are too kind!

Yea I do still need to pose it. I was just so tired of looking at it @_@. It should be easy enough to pick back up and pose tho. I have all the render files saved.

I was thinking about making a base too. I am not sure if I want to devote that time to it or not tho.
    motenai wrote: »
    I have a curiosity...those jaw muscles that creates holes on the side of its mouth...you planned them ahead in the base mesh or you did them directly in zbrush with some tecnique?
    Lovely model and texturing by the way :)

I used only Dynamesh for the head! In this image I posted on the previous page you can sorta see two steps. I blocked out where I wanted the holes to be then used a squished cylinder with a negative Boolean to cut out the holes. Making the holes was the easy part. Getting in there a sculpting and retopoing is another story...

zb_insert.jpg
  • wretchedgoat
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    wretchedgoat polycounter lvl 8
    What you really need for a finally shot is a group shot :) Tyranids are a swarm after all. Final product looks great though!
  • AdamRodgers
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nice work NYX702, how you getting on with this?

Really dropped by to thank you for those wonderful plugins :)