Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Victorian couch WIP

Replies

• Samfisher84
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Samfisher84 polycounter lvl 9
    dpadam450 wrote: »
    I would leave it as is. Its a couch, move on to some other things. Looks really good. You could have got a lot more resolution out of the wood parts if you tiled them in sections. For example the two legs could share the same UV space. The wood between the legs could share the same high res emblem and for each mesh section you could just tile the emblem by sharing the same uv space again. Just depends on how you want to do it.

Yeah very true! wanted to have it kind of uniqe spaces. Would it have been in a game i suppose it would not be very important to have that uniqe textures or that resolution. But time to move on.
  • Samfisher84
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks everyone for the awsome comments and help, if not it could have stayed like this :)

HP_1.jpg
  • System
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    System admin
    Badass high poly you got there, love all that detail! The red wax really brings it to life and every angle looks great which is hard to accomplish. Awaiting badass texture to match...
  • Samfisher84
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    GCMP wrote: »
    Badass high poly you got there, love all that detail! The red wax really brings it to life and every angle looks great which is hard to accomplish. Awaiting badass texture to match...

you mean you wanna see texture flats?
  • System
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    System admin
    you mean you wanna see texture flats?

Ah I see your texture now, it's being away from these forums for a while as when I posted the thread was back to front.

Very nice work though it looks like you could have optimised the uv layout by about 50% from what can be seen.

If you get a chance to come back to this a rebake would be good, cut everything in half and add some shading in diffuse, carried through to spec and gloss to accentuate the normal map and overall shape as the velvet/material looks too plain.
  • Samfisher84
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks allot for the crit. hopefully i will get back to this some time. Use half the uv space would have been nice since it didnt turn out to have very uniqe areas. Wouldnt shading in the diffuse look weird!
    GCMP wrote: »
    Ah I see your texture now, it's being away from these forums for a while as when I posted the thread was back to front.

Very nice work though it looks like you could have optimised the uv layout by about 50% from what can be seen.

If you get a chance to come back to this a rebake would be good, cut everything in half and add some shading in diffuse, carried through to spec and gloss to accentuate the normal map and overall shape as the velvet/material looks too plain.