Home Unreal Engine

UDK sounds - How to stop JumpPad actor sounds?

SO, how do i stop the sound that comes from the JumpPad Actor, not the jumping sound but the ambient sound it makes when you are in its vicinity?

And where are some options to control sound volume in UDK? the sound options in the World Properties wont stop it.
Thanks!

Replies

• King Mango
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    King Mango polycounter lvl 10
    Well there used to be a way to get into advanced properties for actors in UT2004 which is how I used to change stuff like that w/o having to create a new class, but a quick work around hopefully not worth a slap on the wrist is to right click your jump pad, copy, then open up notepad or whatever and then paste.
    Find the bit that says
    ObjectArchetype=DynamicLightEnvironmentComponent'UTGame.Default__UTJumpPad:JumpPadLightEnvironment'
             End Object
             Begin Object Class=AudioComponent Name=AmbientSound ObjName=AudioComponent_0 Archetype=AudioComponent'UTGame.Default__UTJumpPad:AmbientSound'
                SoundCue=SoundCue'A_Gameplay.JumpPad.JumpPad_Ambient01Cue'
                bAutoPlay=True

And change that last True to a False, select all your text then go back in to UDK and right click where you want to put a new jump pad and select paste here. Then just duplicate that new jump pad around.
  • Paunescu.Daniel
    it worked, thanks a lot! I didn't know you can copy-paste actors like that.
  • King Mango
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    King Mango polycounter lvl 10
    :D
    You may still be able to see the advanced properties somehow in UDK but I haven't checked. All those default options come up in a window like the regular properties but it's a gold mine of stuff. You weren't able to change anything that was scripted into the actor you were editing, but all the other stuff that was inherited from the parent class was free game as it wasn't hard-wired into the instance.