Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Grenade launcher / riot gear

grenade+launcher+AO.jpg

scene+render+AO.jpg

composite.jpg

a scene I've been working on. Textures need a bit of work and may rearrange everything all together, happy with it right now but still not finished.

Replies

• Shiniku
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shiniku polycounter lvl 9
    Nice work Kyle, I especially dig the final render. The white is killing my eyes though on the other renders. Maybe a gray material with some specularity would be better for showing this off.
  • Ace-Angel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ace-Angel polycounter lvl 12
    Nice to see some 'clean' work around here without the grunge, munge motif.

However, I have to agree, there isn't enough personality to the gear. No 'dents' or criss-cross marks for gripping, no lettering, no symbols, not writing, not nothing, which leaves alot of the stuff to be undervalued.

Also, take care with the materials, your shield look kinda rubbery and the helmet doesn't have that micro-faceted look which helps against wear and tear, kinda like budget camera's.
  • parrino
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thank you both for the kind words, and yes i do see how the white is rather blinding now, typically my monitor is set to the lowest brightness to avoid strain so i dont notice till its on someone elses screen or i happen to crank mine up.

yep the materials need some work to get them looking right i have touched up the shield a bit and the helmet and shield are going to have the SWAT symbols placed on them. im also debating on adding some other intricate details to the sides of the launcher seeing as there is so much flat space on it,i dont want to go to over board but that also depends on how i want to set it all up for a final presentation still iffy on the scenery note so if you have any thoughts in that neighborhood im all ears