Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Horror Scene WIP....First Post!

beansauce
polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
beansauce polycounter lvl 6
Hello and thank you for checking out my post! As the title says, this is my first post. I've had this account for a while, just haven't done anything with it while I was still in college. I am now graduated with a bachelors degree in Game Art. I am currently on the hunt for work, but in the meantime I continue to improve my art.

28tc1nl.jpg

I'm just trying to get the composition and lighting correct at the moment before I dive in and texture everything. Everything was modeled for real time, and rendered in UDK.

It is going to be a pretty brutal scene. It will be the aftermath of a ____ monster attack. Decals are really going to be the driving force of the story being told. If you can imagine, blood smearing across the room as if a body was dragged, and foot/hand prints going up and along the wall and ceiling.

This is still in the early stages, I just wanted to get everyone's initial thoughts on how I've composed the shot. I have a modeled wall piano that I'd like to work into it, but cant seem to find a good spot for it lol.

Anyway thanks for checking out my post, I look forward to your feedback :)

My Site : http://jam43d.blogspot.com/

Replies

• salacious_Crumb
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    salacious_Crumb polycounter lvl 11
    What you got so far looks like a good start. However, the scale feels a liitle off to me. You could fit the armchair in the fireplace, and the room feels huge and empty. Though that could be because you've moved all the furniture over to the baricades. I like that you have the splintered wood ends around the hole, but feel there could be debris around the edges. Have some bits of wood bent up (if it came from below) and try and find some good references. Keep going!
  • MonkeyBoy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I think with that wide angle lens, you could choose to close up the geometry a little, making the room smaller. Or possibly try out different lenses to make things seem a little more cluttered.
    It's a lovely start, look forward to see it coming to life!