Home Artists Looking For Work

"Space Rebels" Recruitment

Hey Awesome designers, glad to be here. I'm currently looking to recruit solid individuals to help launch a new Space MOBA called "Space Rebels".

Our 1st game is based on our name, the game and the team's name really do mesh well. A little bit about myself, I'm currently 28, live in Austin, TX (will soon be moving to either Portland or Seattle in July/Aug). I run my own social media marketing / advertising company from home (so if your team needs help in marketing / advertising, let me know, we can work something out). I've been planning this space shooter MOBA for quite some time now, have the main things down, but needing some extra help, hence why I'm recruiting. Let's talk about the game:

----

- Space Rebels -
Type: MOBA / MMO (lite)
Platform: PC
Theme: Space
Market: F2P
Long-Term Goal: Competitive Gaming

I don't want to give a lot of the plot and concept away, but If your fans of DOTA, LoL, or HON, then you'll really love working on this title. This will bring out a whole new style of MOBA's. Players will be able to do A LOT more than just head back to shop and upgrade, this is the future, who say's you have to head back. It's time for an all-new aspect to PvP. Players will have a "HUB" to outfit ships, hang out with other players, create matches, check stats, create bounties, purchase new ships, weapons, mini-games, and so much more (even creating your own ship from scratch).

The battlefield is where you'll have the most fun of course. Teams are created back in the lobby via a ranking system (to even match games), and of course several other methods of making teams. Each match will take an average time of 30-40 mins. Players already have a pre-made ship with standard weapons, players are given amount of time at the matches HUB to allow for repairs, re-spawning, and even upgrading weapons with perks (example: +10 damage crystal...etc). Players choose missions to complete (taking down power generators, turrets...etc), once missions are completed, players then need to keep advancing to keep the tide of battle on their side. All while drones (minions) are doing what they can to keep pushing into the other players base.

I don't want to give away every aspect of the game, but if you play MOBA's, then you'll know where I'm heading. But w/ Space Rebels, their is so much more than "picking a lane" and destroying towers...etc.

----

I'm still learning and working on this project as best as I can, I have a normal job as well, so I cant give 100% full attention to this project. I'm looking for similar people, ages 16+, who just want to work on a kick ass project with a solid team behind it. Someone who is in it for the long haul, who can put some hours a week into it (not asking for a lot), must know english, has a passion for game development, and loves to play video games.

This is not a paying gig, I don't want people on the team who just think $$, I would prefer people who have a passion for indie development. I can make a solid promise if the game ever does make money or possibly gets funded for development in the future, you will have a piece of it, and a nice size piece. I'm here for the game's development. It's a slow process, but the more we work together and set goals and complete things, the possibilities are endless. I will also help you out from time to time, as a thank you. Like if you're a gamer, I'll buy you a game, or if you drink, case of beer....eerrr redbull on me :P.

- Recruitment Details -

Software I'm currently using/learning:
Unity (Free) - Still learning
3Ds Max - Learning
Blender - eh...I guess still learning
Zbrush - Learning
Photoshop CS5.1 - Pro

Currently Recruiting:
3d/2d designers
-- buildings
-- creatures
-- humanoids (faces/heads)
-- ships
-- vegetation
-- space nebulas
-- particle designers

Coders
-- unity
-- C++
Looking for all types of coders, even networking, web based...etc.

- Games Development Stages -

Goals:
4/30/12 - Dedicated team set
5/30/12 - Complete final plans for phase 1 of development
6/2012 - Begin stages of development

Completed:
Website purchased (setting up forums and team collab)
Vent or Teamspeak Server Up
Skype Group Channel
Case of Redbull gone (guess another store run)
mIRC Channel active

- Contact Details -

If you're highly passionate about this development, please contact me on skype: Space.Rebels (just chat, no voice talk)

- Whats Next ? -

We'll talk, get to know each other, and If it works out, I'll have you sign an NDA, and we'll start plotting.

Thanks for taking the time to read this all, I'm sure you have a TON of questions, but if It's about the game's details and concept of the game, then I cannot help you. If questions regarding the position, please feel free to either leave them here or contact me on skype.

Replies