Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[Portfolio] – Simon Lindwall, Character/Concept Artist

Finally finishing my portfolio. As St4lis and jonas-144, among others, I'm a student at The Game Assembly, Malmö, Sweden.
After learning to make fancy stuff in 3d for 2 years, I've finally taken time to ask you what I'm doing right and what I'm doing wrong.
I would very much like to hear what you think about anything in my portfolio. I'm going to have a little time to polish my works if you notice something weird, unprofessional, or downright ugly.

I'm also looking for a place to do my internship (from august 2012 - april 2013), so if you see something you like please contact me.

/Simon Lindwall

to THE PORTFOLIO

Replies

• jmg06
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jmg06 polycounter lvl 5
    All I can say is: I WANNA SEE MORE!

but seriously, everything looks great but if I was you I would add some more 3D stuff if you have some laying around. off course keep in mind: quality over quantity

Good luck with finding an intership.
  • fabio brasilien
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    fabio brasilien polycounter lvl 11
    You have good stuff on there.
    Good and easy to use website and nice presentation.
    Also your contacts and objectives are very clear.

There are some feedback:

Concept artist:
    The Camando, cartoon comando and crayfish man are great! But your creature conceps and crature looks not finished. It looks like you have tried to push more stuff in your portfolio. I would say remove both and leave the great ones.

Character artist:
    -Bruiser: You probably can have the same amount of details with a character under 10000 tris. He doesn´t have much acessories to justify 16750 tris.
    Also you are using 2048 maps and just show a tiny thumbnail of them. I can´t tell if you are good with textures looking that.
    -the zombie don´t show much about your work besides your knowledge about anatomy. Maybe some wireframes and texture can help.

Environment art:
    RTS Set: They look fine, but I am missing some wireframe. Also you have used 6 texture maps for them and the way they are presented looks like it has only diffuse map. They look very flat. I am saying that because doesn´t look very usefull in my opinion have all those textures to such small asset.

I hope this helps

:)