Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Sci-Fi Corridor - WIP

Hi,

I’m in the middle of creating a Space station corridor scene and was looking to get some feedback and advice. I’m attempting to take key motifs from sci-fi games and films, such as DeadSpace and Aliens and create a scene in a similar style to them.

Below is the Concept art I've been working from.

concept2001.jpg

concept1001.jpg

concept4001.jpg

concept3002.jpg

I'm attempting to work to current gen standards and will be rendering the scene using UDK. I'm in the middle of texturing at the moment so parts of the scene will be bare still. I want the corridor to be fairly dark to help draw the viewers eye to the end of the connecting corridor, which itself will be brighter.

Lit:

progresslit.jpg

Unlit:

progressunlit.jpg

Any feedback that can be given would be appreciated and I'll keep posting with more updates as I attempt to bring this piece to completion.

Update- My apologies about the lit image, it appeared brighter while in UDK, sorry.

Replies

• nick2730
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    good start, i would try to make the floor more interesting. Just simple tiles make it look very boring.
  • gsokol
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Your lit version is too dark.

You have those floor lights...make them cast a little glow or something.
  • SpidermkII
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the feedback guys, I'm looking at ways to alter the floor now, but thought i'd update the post with a new image showing the changes I've made to the lighting, thanks to your advice gsokol I've given the lights a strong glow and added some more lighting in the center to show off the grated section of the floor.

progresslit2.jpg
  • LMP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    LMP polycounter lvl 13
    Needs more lighting... I can't even see a most of it. Also, your lighting is white and very bland, try to get some more color in there.
  • SpidermkII
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi guys, I've attempted to add more lighting but I'm still playing about with it, I'm planning on adding more yellow to the lights as well to give them more of a fluorescent look.

I'm still working on the textures so certain parts are short of diffuse and spec maps.

progress3u.jpg
  • SpidermkII
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi guys,

Thought i'd post an update on my scene, I've added more lights to the scene and have finished texturing the back wall. Sorry if the scene appears to be a little dark, I'm trying to keep it darker than the connecting corridor where all the light is coming from.

I'm looking into altering the floor thanks to nick2730's comment, once I've made a change to the floor i'll update this post.

I'll be posting up my texture sheets soon as well, till then any advice on making this scene better would be appreciated.

Cheers

finalnp.jpg