Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[Portfolio] - Tim Pogson, 3d artist

Hey everybody,

I'm about to graduate from my 3 year game dev program here at Durham College. I'm pretty excited to get out there and look for work, I was really hoping to get some solid crits about my website, its layout and the content I have on it.

http://tpogson.carbonmade.com/

Replies

• Paul Pepera
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Paul Pepera polycounter lvl 9
    Your website is good - simple, easy to navigate and browse your work. You should make your contact information more apparent on the front page, and put a small link to your resume up top somewhere. Right now it is located awkwardly on the bottom under all the art and is easy to miss.

Your work - you have a weapon/prop, environment, creature, and character bust. The sniper rifle is a bit too whimsical for my tastes but all of your work is solid considering your experience level. These days, however, many employers want specialization. Until you become more senior in this industry you should probably focus your portfolio on a single facet such as environments, or weapon/props, or characters, etc.
  • TimPogson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks man, I'll definitely make my contact information more apparent and move my resume.

I was wondering because you had said I don't have a specialization would it be bad for me to apply places or just something I should work on to try and focus my work?