Vio
polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
Vio polycounter lvl 6
DavidArcherProgress3.jpg
DavidArcherProgress4.jpg
DavidArcherProgress2.jpg
DavidArcherProgress1.jpg

Hi there, I'v been trying to finish the sculpt for this character for awhile now. I'v been getting lots of feedback from all over and managed to get some useful paint overs from all over such as game artisans and my uni tutor, however all the paint overs I'v had seem to contradict each other so I think I need to gather wider feedback.

I just worry if I make the head any smaller it will go pin headed. Its yet to get its hair planes of course.

The area around the pronator teres is a part I seem to struggle with.

Either way I know I need to really improve my anatomy skills, especially with graduation coming up soon so if anyone has any crits, I would be very grateful.

I'v got a couple of useful books on the way this week. [ame="http://www.amazon.co.uk/Anatomy-Artist-Sarah-Simblet/dp/0751334413/ref=sr_1_6?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1333387140&sr=1-6"]Anatomy for the Artist: Amazon.co.uk: Sarah Simblet: Books[/ame]
and
[ame="http://www.amazon.co.uk/ZBrush-Studio-Projects-Realistic-Characters/dp/047087256X/ref=sr_1_6?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1333387191&sr=1-6"]ZBrush Studio Projects: Realistic Game Characters: Amazon.co.uk: Ryan Kingslien: Books[/ame]

Hopefully these should help too.

Replies

• LMP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    LMP polycounter lvl 13
    Things that I see upon first inspection.

The Torso and Arms feel too short.
  • MrNinjutsu
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MrNinjutsu greentooth
    I normally always follow these few points when making a human character.

7-9 head lengths equates the total height of the character and the hands should be around the nut sack, elbow around the pelvic bone/last rib bone.

Gather as much anatomy reference as you can. I would always refer to anatomy whilst sculpting. Hoped that helped dude.

P.S. It looks like you put his shoes on the wrong feet.
  • Vio
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vio polycounter lvl 6
    DavidArcherProgress4Scales.jpg

Ok I did a bit of a rescale and its almost 8 heads now but of course there's a slight dip with the pose. I'm still not happy with the arms, more so now the torso is longer. Maybe it needs wider shoulders? bigger lats at the back?
  • BARDLER
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BARDLER polycounter lvl 12
    Stand up and check where you arms fall. The elbow goes to the spot right under your ribs and above the top of the pelvis. The wrist sits about where your crotch does, and your hands go to down about 3/4 a head length past that.