Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Darth Maul bust WIP

Hey all! Doing this for an assignment at school and was hoping to get some feedback. I'm rather new to mudbox so any tips or suggestions would be great.

WIP_post.jpg

Replies

• AJSALL
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It looks like your basic forms needs a little help. If you could, post a grey shaded model so it's easier to see.
  • deutschbag
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    deutschbag polycounter lvl 6
    Great start. The inner side of his eyes (where the tearduct is) should be pushed inward a bit more. Also, the horns need some refinement as they're a little blobby at this point. The ears could use rounding out as well. Other than that, keep going with it and make it teh awesomez.
  • R0gu3
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Something Like this?

DM_Finished_Sculpt_F.jpg
  • R0gu3
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    deutschbag wrote: »
    Great start. The inner side of his eyes (where the tearduct is) should be pushed inward a bit more. Also, the horns need some refinement as they're a little blobby at this point. The ears could use rounding out as well. Other than that, keep going with it and make it teh awesomez.

I see what you're saying with the Eyes, the ear however I was using this for reference, and I wanted to push the angles a little more, and by blobby did you mean not sharp? cause' all the reference I could fine they seem a bit dull and rounded, sorry if I didn't catch everything >.>
  • Millah
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Millah polycounter lvl 18
    Get a likeness of Ray Park first. Then worry about face paint. Getting likeness is incredibly difficult in and of itself, but if you can manage it, then the face paint will be entirely secondary.