Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Modeling a room

baratation
polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
baratation polycounter lvl 9
Hey guys, long time lurker here finally deciding to do something but i guess i need some advice before i start.

Im planning on modeling a room i sketched with my girlfriend just to get some experience on the whole process of modeling, texturing, etc for UDK, and my question is, how would you start it? should i go into UDK first and set a floor plane using its tools and then export it back to my modeling package for size reference for the other stuff? does the scale in wich i model even matter? should i build more than just the floor plane and say just layout the entire room directly into udk? im sorry if those questions seens noobish but its been a long time since im away from the game world and now im eager to get back, thanks in advance.

Replies

• justinms66
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I would recommend using This tutorial to set your grid to the UDK grid, and have a character height reference in your modeling package. Yes it matters what scale you use when modeling. What I usually do is block out my environment, import it into UDK, and see how it looks in relation to my player, and then start filling in the details.