Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Character modeling reel 2012 by Daniel Orive

polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
danitchu polycounter lvl 5
http://vimeo.com/39330892
[vv]39330892[/vv]

After several months of hard work, I finished my reel!!! I would like to thanks everyone who supported me and encouraged, I hope you enjoy!

Game characters made with zbrush, maya and 3ds max.Rendered with Marmoset .
You can see more at: danielorive.com

Thanks for watching!!!

Replies

• chrisradsby
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    chrisradsby polycounter lvl 14
    Sweeeet ! I think the first character is a bit too noisy with the scratches would love if that was toned back a little bit. Really nice work on the others , I liked them alot. Personally I think that you could push the face of the "God of Fearward" a bit more. It looks a bit bland, no specular information in there, no real detail in the face. Loved the other detail on the armor though.

Really nice work and nice poses!

Will check out your site now :) Good work!

EDIT:
    Awesome presentation at your site, nothing to crit really. Great work overall, you'll be picked up in no time! :thumbup:
  • nathdevlin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nathdevlin polycounter lvl 12
    Hi, solid reel. The Ice Ghost Rider character stood out as the strongest piece for me. Feedback on the Libertaria character would be the amount of intricate detail. The character is difficult to read as it's a mass of similar detailed/coloured elements. Some contrast in colour with less detailed areas on the model to break up forms would have helped.

Your reel has a decent set of characters but all are fictional , the reel would have been stronger with the inclusion of a realistic character to show an ability to work on different genres of games. I've no doubt you can based on the quality of the reel.