Home Unreal Engine

UDK Model import with material settings

polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
tuxmask75 polycounter lvl 10
Hey guys,,, I have 100s of models with lots of material ID's for each model.
many models share the same material ID's and material.
I need some materials to behave exactly the same threw out every mesh they are applied to....

I'm wondering, is there any way to tell a material that it should not cast shadows and disable or enable per Polly collision, so that all the meshes that its applied on keep the same settings??????

also for all static mesh is there some way to disable all the BOX, Line and Ridged body collision at once without having to open and change them all 1 by 1 using the static mesh editor window?!

capturetzv.png
Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Replies

• tuxmask75
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bump....come on guys ...

I'm kinda dieing over here setting well over 2000 materials on over 100 models by hand in UDK,

When opening a model in the model viewer there is a check box for per Polly collision.
    Now I was wondering, if there is any way that we could predefine what materials do what upon import?
    Back in 3DS max for example is there a way to set up a material with maybe some kind of naming trigger so that UDK knows that the material will use per Polly collision or not?

would be nice to have some kind of thing that we could set up only once, or something,
  • Xendance
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xendance polycounter lvl 7
    What you're doing is completely unorthodox way of doing and importing meshes into the SDK. I don't think there is a simple way to pre-define which material ID has collision and which doesn't.
  • tuxmask75
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah i know its a strange way to do things,

something else that may work is if i can import a collision mesh along with the main mesh,, but id really like to use that as per poly collision instead of how udk does it.