Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

The Sequence

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
Olli. polycounter lvl 8
been working on this for a few days, today i decided to do it properly and do some concepts and a storyboard so ill just post some stuff here

The basic idea is that this will be sort of a short-film filmed from FPS perspective. might have some third person shots, but in any case filmed so the main character is not seen entirely at all.

I made up the whole story in about an hour or so, pretty much making it up as i drew in photoshop, so it probably wont win any oscars, but the purpose of this short film is not so much storytelling as it is showcasing my abilities (this'll eventually be sort of a portfolio piece)
I hope this isnt too hard to understand :P :
plan1.jpg
one thing i might note is that i changed the weapon hide from behind a tool-wall to a safe behind a painting, just because the house i eventually designed doesnt have a garage or other place where a tool-wall wouldnt feel out of place.

and heres a sketch of the house i designed for the sequence and also a screencap of the wip in 3ds max.
sequence_house.png
house.PNG

and to end heres some wip animation work ive done for the hero
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gL6vN4FCSt0"]sequence_wip1 - YouTube[/ame]

Replies

• zakhar2
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    zakhar2 polycounter lvl 6
    Looks like a pretty cool project. Im not an animator, but i think the way he puts the suppressor on around 3 seconds in is a little too... dainty? Idk, seems like he's being really gentle with it. Good Luck!
  • Olli.
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Olli. polycounter lvl 8
    was a bit lazy today.. didnt do much, just fiddled around with my render set-up so i can quickly get a render of what the end product will look like once i start adding furniture and stuff
    todays progress:
    house1.png

finally managed to get mental ray to play ball. And it only took like what, 3 years?

zakhar i see what you mean. I was a bit iffy about the way i made him attach the silencer (what he currently does is he kind of rolls the silencer on by sliding his thumb and then the index finger along the surface of the silencer) Its not very visually effective and might leave the viewer thinking "wtf did he just do" so i'll probably change that to something more clear.
  • Olli.
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Olli. polycounter lvl 8
    some work ive done on the guy that jumps through the window

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiIq1PkTFA8"]window jump anim wip - YouTube[/ame]
  • slipsius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius mod
    Um, I dunno anything about guns, but I would assume for guns it's still lefty loosey, righty tighty. You aren't tightening the silencer, you are actually loosening it.