Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Geppetto's Shop

So a few friends and I began a project a little while ago which was a fairytale town gone horrifyingly astray.

Everything had to be built efficiently as we were working with the Gamebryo engine

My contribution to the project was to build Geppetto's workshop, The idea I went with was that Geppetto had began kidnapping and carving up children to then create marionette puppets out of.

Building Concept
KZEHZ.jpg
(perspective is a bit off I'm aware)

Rough draft of the puppets:
TAFiR.jpg

Replies

• Duwom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Floor Plan:
    uMJuf.jpg

I began to build from the floor plan but considering the outer walls were going to slant, I as experimenting with the inner walls slanting, but it only proved to be difficult so i went with straight inner walls and instead of having oddly shaped rooms, i squared them off and tweaked some of the sizing.
    YBH7W.jpg
  • Duwom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    After some proportion issues with the outside of my building, I developed a second outside shape to accommodate the inside
    o5maW.jpg

I then made this idea shorter as it was too tall
    KCFwF.jpg
    (still trying to keep the slanted outter walls)
  • Duwom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Props built and placed
    Tyb3v.jpg
    NfwgD.jpg
    cH9Bx.jpg
    SXXln.jpg
    Due to time the fact I was running out of time, there were a few things I had to for go, such as the head for the puppets, but i felt that kind of made things creepier
  • Duwom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    So here is essentially the final product in Gamebryo

The Shadow's didn't come out the way I wanted and shall be something to research.
    nvfK1.jpgwTngU.jpgFMrJb.jpg
    7ss46.jpg
    Please leave any feedback and advice as it is greatly valued, Thank you