Submitting Your Entry
The time has come to submit your entries!This thread is for the submission of AXE entries only. If you have any questions or comments, please post in the Q&A thread.
Judging & Winner Announcements
- All submissions are to be showcased in a single jpeg. The image must contain a render of the final weapon with and without wireframe, and must display your diff and norm texture flats. This jpeg should be of a reasonable resolution.
- This is a real-time challenge. You may use any real-time renderer (UDK, Crysis, etc.) but you must not use any post-processing effects or advanced (read: “fancy”) rendering techniques. Vigil wants to see your artwork as naturally as possible.
- Within these threads you will post your weapon of choice, your name, and your image.
- Submissions must be made to the submission thread no later than 11:00am CST on March 26, 2012
Judging for this contest will happen in 3 parts.
- Once the submission deadline is reached the submissions threads will be closed. The Top 3 weapons for each category will be chosen by Vigil.
- Finalists will be contacted by email to submit their assets for final review (No source files required.)
- The Top 3 weapons for each category will be posted to Darksiders’ Facebook page, where fans of Darksiders will be able to vote on which weapon they would like to see in Darksiders II.
One artist per weapon/entry only. An artist may submit an entry for each of the 3 categories.
The winners will be announced on the Darksiders Facebook page
once the voting has ended and Vigil is ready to announce the winners.
One weapon from each category will be chosen to be included in the ship of Darksiders II.
Good luck to you all!