I've been working kinda quietly on mine during whatever free time I could find. I decided on a demonic mace.
I started with a quick sculpt in Zbrush to work through some of my ideas and come up with a rough concept.
After retopology I ended up at 1496 tris. I ended up using my sculpt as a rough base to paint my diffuse, and after I got my darks and lights pretty close to how I wanted them, I spent a while tweaking my normal map trying to get the desired look.
Here's my low-poly mesh with normals and a black and white diffuse:
Finally I did a few minor tweaks and added color(quick render in UDK):