Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

UDK Modular City

polycounter lvl 12
Offline / Send Message
Mattcho polycounter lvl 12
This was my final project for one of my Classes. My goal was to get a better understanding of creating modular pieces and learning a few of the basics in UDK. I was hoping to use this for my portfolio so any critiques would be appreciated.

http://vimeo.com/38811397 - Video link

Screen1-1.png

Some of the Critiques i've recently gotten was that there's to much noise going on to tell what is a different level and whats just trash in certain areas and the lights are to bloomy when looking at them from a distance.

Replies

• GragGunslinger
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    GragGunslinger polycounter lvl 7
    Hey Matt, glad to see you posting.

I really dig what you got here, but I'm having some trouble telling what the materials are made out of? is it metal, or some sort of plastic, or something. Spec maps will take thsi scene a lot further.

also watch the grunge on the pipes, it's a little bizzare there, and I can't quite figure out the purpose of why they'd be so rusty.
  • nicafornica
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nicafornica polycounter lvl 7
    same here too many lights with bloom, have something to focus one. Basically composition is what is hurting it.
  • Jungsik
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jungsik polycounter lvl 6
    I know your stuff is modular and all..but your storage part looks like its mirrored maybe break up the right side with a different modular piece so you get some kind of variety of your modular piece
  • jordan.kocon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jordan.kocon polycounter lvl 6
    Going with what Jungsik said, on one side it says "A", and the other says "B", so I am guessing they are two different textures? If so maybe change one to blue, that way it will be much different, and having a blue sign on one side, and a red sign on the other could create a nice balance/tension between the left and right, especially if you push the lighting.