Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Work in progress

Replies

• glynnsmith
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    glynnsmith polycounter lvl 17
    Come on, man.

Not only is your thread title non-descriptive, you've posted links of images, to another community no less :P

How about at least throwing some image tags around those links, and thinking up a title that might describe the WIP work that you're currently posting?
  • gsokol
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yea, what glynnsmith said.

As for crits:

I think your scene is pretty bland. Besides the lights, everything is brown. You can afford to break that up with different hue on some of your panels and whatnot.

The vehicle...looks like takes off vertically like a helicopter...how does it get out through that small port? Also, there is nothing out there...get some stars or some cool backdrop out there. The vehicle is the focal point of your comp here...and its surrounded by an area that looks unfinished.

I can't tell if the last scene is supposed to have lighting or not...I won't go too nuts on the lighting for that reason, but if you did light it...its really hurting the scene. Perhaps thats something you can just address in UDK though.

The way the angled pillars stick into the wall and ceiling is pretty ugly. It clearly just sticks through, maybe model some brackets or something, so it looks like they could be bolted to something instead of sticking through the wall.

Looks like you have highly varied texture density. The rounded section in the foreground is an eye sore because its so muddy.

I don't see much specular variety at all. Do you have spec maps for anything? Spec is super important, especially for metal surfaces.

I think you could also look into filling the space a little more. The foreground..specifically in the bottom left, looks pretty dull..add some wires on the ground, computer equipment..something to break it up a little bit.

I hope this helps! Good luck, I'm looking foward to seeing this in UDK.