Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[UDK] help critique =)

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
Shigebon polycounter lvl 7
hi guys,
I've worked on this scene concept a while back now
qoIL4.jpg
My friends been pushing me to finish the scene and said it would be a waste if I didn't.. So here I am posting hope you guys would give me feedback so I can finish it for my portfolio..
here's my scene so far
44SYZ.jpg

I appreciated any critique! thanks in advance =)

Replies

• bgivenb
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bgivenb polycounter lvl 5
    looks nice. finish it
  • SinisterChef
  • Xelan101
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xelan101 polycounter lvl 10
    I'd say the windows in the second hallway to the right have a much more extreme angle to them that what you have in your models. this in turn is making the wall with the 5 on it in the concept look much smaller in your scene.

I might try shifing the camera angle slightly if you're really trying to match the concept since with your current angle some things are getting lost (the other edge of the 5 wall, and the fact that there's a piece on either end of the 518 wall), also it looks like you lengthened the hallway by a section.

On thing that'll be a lighting/texures fix is that in the concept everything has a bluish color to it while your scene currently has a yellow-green tint and the lighting seems to be blowing out a few spots too much, I'd tone down the lights intensity and make them spread over more area (also it the light fixtures themselves have an emissive make sure it's cranked high, that may you'll get the blown-out light look in the concept without blowing out other pieces unnecessarily)

Other than that looks pretty solid just needs to get a few more pieces in there (like the red lights at the bottom, and of course the door at the end) and then it's time for textures
  • darthwilson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    For me, looking at the concept.. Try add some blue into your lighting system which might help!

Keep it up!
  • njc6425
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    looks cool man :)
  • ajr2764
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ajr2764 polycounter lvl 10
    Looking good man I always liked that concept and you should finish it. I agree with the points already made and have a few other things you should look at. The curved supports on sides of the hallway need more edge loops they look very blocky and the inner detail really shows it. It looks like your losing a bit of the original design with those supports and some other places. The proportions and shape are off. keep it going and you will have a great piece in the end.
  • Orchidface
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Orchidface polycounter lvl 7
    you have a very good start. It looks good for sure. But... Is that "concept" 3d? Is that a screenshot from me3? If so... I'd say abandon ship, lol. I really don't like the idea of just remaking game art that's already from a game, WITH the frggn game engine that game uses. Unless its a technical study or something.