Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Feedback wanted: Cargo lifter design

zet
zet
Long time no see :) - I am working on a game and would like to have some feedback on texturing a 3d model...

here's the model from rendering:
2012-03-19-renderview.jpg

and here's the ship from ingame:
2012-03-19-selfgrapple.jpg

so... it's pretty small in game so forgive me the pretty low resolution textures. But ... maybe you can give me some hints on what to improve or some image references where it's done better.

Background info: In the game, the player controls a flying robot that is lifting and transporting stuff. The world is supposed to be a bit whacky and odd. I had something like wall-e in mind about it (so lots of robots that do all kind of stuff on a station without any meaningful purpose). The game is supposed to be a dexterity game around steering the ship and solving puzzles. For example, you might be confronted with a broken door on a higher level, so you need it fixed. So you need a repair bot. But they only appear when you break something (in reach of repair bots), so you first break something, and when the repair bot appears, you grab him and put him next to the broken door - which it fixes then.
I have no idea if I can manage to do all that stuff (animation wise), but I believe it would be a fun game :).

Here's a concept I drew in advance:
concept.png

Replies

• 3DRyan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    3DRyan polycounter lvl 8
    Good stuff! I would say that the "thrusters", as well as the yellow parts that dont have caution tape on them could use some more detail. They look a little plain compared to the other parts. Doesn't need to be anything crazy though.
  • zet
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    zet
    ah forgot to mention: The thrusters and handles to those aren't done yet. I am playing around still and wondered if I should preferably fixing my approach before throwing the textures away altogether when "being done".