Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

WIP FN FAl

photostream6992021811_b901a92377_b.jpg

6845895180_a93536571a_b.jpg
6845894882_8cdb08c3a1_b.jpg

hay out their hoping to get some feed back on a model i'm working on, it the hi poly stage of a mod'd FN_FAL

photostream

photostreamphotostreamphotostream

Replies

• joshA
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    i don't think you need all those edges
    still look good
  • bidders71
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    the majority have been removed for the low poly.
  • njc6425
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nice modelling man :)
  • lewist
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Good start on the high poly bidders71. Here's a couple of things I noticed when comparing it to some references of the rifle.

bidders_fal_crit.jpg

1 - Your foregrip seems to be a straight cylinder. It looks like this piece is thicker in the middle and tapers off towards both ends.

2 - Both your front and rear iron sights seem to be extruded straight up as well. These pieces actually curve outwards from the body near the top, making them almost look like little wings.

3 - Too brick-like. The grip should me more cylindrical - after all this is the main area you're going to hold, so it needs to be more ergonomical.

4 - You're missing a groove along the barrel and the muzzle break at the tip of the barrel too.

5 - Missing a few pieces, such as the safety and a metal plate that (I think) holds the stock to the body.

Other polycount members please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think some of your edges might be too sharp (like the rail covers, for example). It's okay to deviate a little from the reference in that regard because super tight corners that are close to 90 degrees don't bake well on a normal map.

I'm dealing with the same stuff with rifle I'm working on - just keep hammering away at it! I've not seen too many FALs with rail attachments so I can't wait to see the final product. :)
  • bidders71
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thanks for the the feed back have added the safety and more of the small details will have to put that up. and definitely see the other points you mentioned and will be address them.
  • bidders71
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    6956372146_06585e958f_b.jpg7102441483_b7217f67bf_b.jpg7102441523_34e41f5806_b.jpgsome newer ones