Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Chest (W.I.P)

Hey Guys, im sorta new to Highpoly Art. and i thought anatomy would be a proper way to start Character Art. Please Give me constructive Critisism. I really could use it and im sure you guys could give me some great tips!

a9j7p.png

v703.png

Thank you,
Mitchell

Replies

• KyleJensen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KyleJensen polycounter lvl 12
    I would include the shoulders, clavicle, and upper arm if I were you. The pectoralis muscle connects to the humerus.

a8978590.jpg
  • Anthy9986
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Anthy9986 polycounter lvl 7
    Do you have a reference that you are working from?
    From what you have posted the torso seems overly tall and thin. The arms appear to be raised? but you are lacking definition around the armpit area. You have some weird lumps on the back and abdominal muscles. Also the highest abdominal muscle greatly protrudes from the chest.
    I would suggest going down to a lower subdivision and working the form in more. You can get a lot of the form in a much lower subdivision before working on such a high one. It will also help avoid lumps.
    Also if you don't already have one find a very nice model reference... Maybe someone else could provide you with a link otherwise use google but realize you will probably get a lot of nudity lol
  • Geurilla
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    i will definately look into trying to get the form down, and smooth out the unnessisary bumps. Thanks you guys for the feedback, greatly apperciated!
  • Darkleopard
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Its definitely a little long and thin. Post a reference your working from and we can provide better feedback
  • Geurilla
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ik this is bad quality but, i was trying to make a very thin, Agile, but decently buff Chest. Something like this

14ldlf.jpg