Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

RPG Dude Character Model WIP

raging_river
polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
raging_river polycounter lvl 11
Yo guys again another thread for my character. The concept is made by me entirely so please critique as much as you want about anything :D

FinalCharacterOrthographicView3.jpg

head.jpg

manfront.jpg

manside.jpg

manquart.jpg

Replies

• Ravanna
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    did u create the clothing layer in zbrush from mask mesh extract or in 3dsmax?

If you build your clothing in 3dsmax, perhaps even using retoplogy over a mid subdivision version of your body model, you can get more defined form. generally you should have your mesh closed, ie, the clothing has an inside and outside and edge.

You could build the rest of the characters components, such as armour, in 3dsmax 1st, perhaps even UV it, and then import it to zbrush all at once.

Good luck.
  • raging_river
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yo thanks for reply, the clothing was made separately in 3ds Max, after fixing the proportions I plan to either use your method, or use the retop tools in 3ds max to create the clothing. (also for the clothing It will be double sided, i just haven't spent much time on it) any other feedback is welcome!
  • Dan!
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dan! polycounter lvl 6
    his belt would stab him in the thigh if he ever squatted down..also doesn't feel like it matches the other visual language of his costume. Everything else feels very utilitarian and then.. BAM SPIKY SKULL BATMAN BELT RAWR.
    Also check your anatomy ref there are some issues with proportion, musculature etc. I wouldn't even worry about clothes yet as your base humanoid has issues you could work out first.
  • raging_river
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Here is just a quick update of where I am at, I have made some big changes to my concept, there is also a weapon. Anyways any feedback is welcome :D

head.jpg

prtho.jpg

Also I plan to sculpt the hair in, any tips on approaching that, so far ive found two useful one which are http://www.pixologic.com/docs/index.php/SubTool_Hair_Sculpting_Tutorial and [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCn7B0sfiaw"]Hair Sculpting by EOF - YouTube[/ame]

Cheers