Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Poly painted pig man

For the practical section of my FYP at Staffordshire university I've been creating a character in Zbrush. I'm currently Polypainting the head and it would be great to get some advice from the community.

fp9Ch.jpg

It's based off this concept by michael kutsche

bVBx4.jpg

Let me know what you guys think

Replies

• laim1991
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MDGLb.jpg

The project is moving along and I've finally got around to starting the rest of the texturing. It would be great to get some opinions on his current state.
  • Darkleopard
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Looking nice :P that concept is funny

He seems to be missing a lot of the wrinkles on his forehead and around his ears. It also feels like his cheeks sag a little more then the concept. I think thats it but im not that great at anatomy myself
  • laim1991
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    haha thanks! Yeah I see what you mean about the face, I'll go back and add some more wrinkles soon.

I've made progress and added the legs

NJQb0.jpg
  • yodude87
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    yodude87 polycounter lvl 5
    made me think of beyond good and evil :P

coming up good, the wrinkles are definetely missing, but im guessing thats gonna be added later
  • ah_lex
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    At the moment the face is really far off the concept, nose is off, eyes, head shape are all incorrect. It's not that far but it needs to be pushed to looking the same, should have been done before you textured it. Too symmetrical at the moment.
    Anatomy on chest is a bit non existent. Eyebrows are a bit too similar to the moustache as well.
    Might be worth doing a quick pose and testing it before you commit any further.